Thursday, March 27, 2008

Snoopy Shirt Tribute

My Dearest Snoopy Shirt,

Thank you for being unbelievably soft and comfy. You have been so faithful these last 10 or 15 years. Even though you are a double hand-me-down, and were unwanted by your previous owners, you are my prized article of clothing.

Fashionably speaking, you are ugly, but I wear you proudly in public. I am sad for the day when you are too worn, see-through, and full of holes to wear. But I shall retire you with dignity and honor.














I wish I could send you to a magical land of favorite shirts. But honestly, I'll probably cut you up and add you to a quilt or make dust rags. But only so our time together can continue.

Sincerely,

Lisa

I got the idea for this post from Carli. Check out her favorite shirt. I know you have one too!

8 comments:

darbs said...

sad to see it go.....love the salute though :)

Patterson Family said...

It lived the good life. Other shirts wish they were loved as much as that one. The shirts in my closet that are too small for me are hoping that one day they could get that much love. It is a shirts dream to be worn and one day be cut up and turned into a dust rag. Way to go.

Dane

Patterson Family said...

Yes! I am happy to meet another t-shirt favorite. Well done snoopy T! Keep up the good work.

Kasey said...

My favorite shirt is gray and so crusty it needs to be destroyed, but I never will. NEVER! It's my fav! I've so been wanting to do an ode to my fav shirt. I just haven't gotten around to it. Now I'm going to. As soon as I purchase a new camera. Do you have any recommendations?

Kyla said...

I think we all have than "1" shirt that fits perfectly no matter what! Plus or minus 10 lbs, preggo, workout, cleaning, night on the town... LOVE it! Maybe I'll have to tribute mine... good old green!

Marie said...

I retired my "Hard Rock Cafe" DC shirt last Saturday. It was sad. Very sad.
Alan's brother and sister are in DC right now on a school trip. He says this morning, "I should have had Scott and Rhonda get you another shirt in DC. Man, it would have been so amazing, to surprise you with a new shirt! I would have been the best husband ever! Oh well."

Yeah. Oh well. It wouldn't have been the same anyway.

careyttops or katelyn's kid kitchen said...

love it!! love the shirt! love the salute!! it's a funny post, because it made me drift off to "fav. tshirt land" and i'm sitting her totally day dreaming about my fav tshirt! who woulda guessed that's what i'd be doing this very second!? LOL

Elizabeth said...

I always love reading your blog and seeing your pics...hannah is getting so big! As for the snoopy shirt, I feel your pain as my everyday purse is starting to wear out and I liked this purse! I don't want it to wear out! Take care!

Love Liz