Thursday, September 25, 2008

Tall-Sticky-Wet Onions.

Our tour guide told us Chicago means, "Tall-sticky-wet onions" and he said they weren't proud of that fact.

We went to Chicago to check out a school Jared might attend and see if we like it there.

We do.



After the school's open house, we stayed a few days and had some fun.



Saw the sights, took some pictures, and ate really good food.



We walked everywhere! Our legs were screaming for us to stop.

But we didn't.



It was such a fun trip. You would have to spend a month there to do everything you want.

Maybe someday we will.

A special thanks to Ely, Chris, and Mom for watching Hannah for us.
We know she had fun.

11 comments:

Marie said...

I'm glad you at least got to see the bean. I probably wouldn't have believed that you really went if not for the bean picture.

Glad you had fun! (And liked it!)

Elizabeth said...

That's neat you went to Chicago- I totally want to go there someday (other than layovers to/from CT!). If you lived there, I could theoretically come see you easier than Arizona!

Brittney Burton said...

How fun! What is Jared going back to school for?

Mandy said...

I love Chicago! I am so jealous that you might get to live there! They have the best museums and I love Navy Pier...hmm, we might have to go and visit too!

brett and carly said...

How fun! At my job we just did a big contest where the winners won a big trip to Chicago. To keep everybody motivated, my boss had me send some little facts about Chicago every day for 2 months. So I feel like I pretty much know as much as somebody who's never been there can... and I think I'd love it too! Good luck! :)

Barton Family said...

That is so exciting. Bian applied to Midwestern Chicago so we also might be going there next year.

Marleen said...

My honey and I haven't spent that much time together alone since having kids. I am glad you had such a great time. Chicago is a place that I would love to visit. I have heard many great things about it. I hope he gets in. Good luck!

Lisa said...

He is going for his master's in Design.

Courtney said...

Our good friends Ambrosia and Alma live in Chicago right now. Alma is going to school there and Ambrosia is working as a nurse. They seem to enjoy it over there and have a good time.

Ash and Joe said...

sooo, if you live in chicago, you would just be a little amtrac train visit away!

christajsart@gmail.com said...

I love Chicago. You'll have a good time there.