Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Midnight War Zone.

During the night, I get up for a drink of water, restroom, or to eat.

I know my house pretty well and can do these things in the dark.

But, there are landmines on the floor that add an element of fear to my midnight activities.
















When you step on one of those things, it hurts!

Before I go to bed, I take a quick glance around and try to remember where all the dangers lay. But still I've tripped into the wall or to the floor a few times.

I should just pick up the toys each night, but I'll just take my chances.

Are you as lazy as I am?

9 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Hannah makes a cute bfly for halloween! My mom always made me pick up my toys, even when I was pretty little. Maybe you could pick them up together.

They sell slippers in a catalog that have headlights on them! LOL

Kyla said...

Oh yes... before bed, i memorize where the clutter is so when i get up, i don't trip and split my head open...

Marie said...

I wouldn't let her play with Jacks. I bet those would draw blood.

Yes, I am as lazy as you. Lucky for me, Alan usually moves Julie's swing out of the walkway before we turn out the lights. heaven forbid he forget one night. I'd totally eat it. With Julie.

Marleen said...

Yes, it gets better when they get older. That is why I got my three year old picking up the toys at the end of the night. I try to make it fun for her but in the end it is what it is and incentives and consequences are given. Also we have "dump" chests. Stylish, yet you can throw whatever you want inside having no rhyme or reason to it. Makes something dreadful easy and mindless.

angiedunn said...

lol. story of my life. fer real.

cutest, cutest hannah...

Tanya Leigh said...

lol! I do the SAME thing! SOMEtimes, I'll even muster up the energy to kick the toys to the side ;)

angiedunn said...

haha...no worries. i won't hold it against you & jared for not liking holly.

thanks for your cleaning suggestions! i like the idea of lettin' it soak, dude.

and i know: my grandparents shower is like 75 years old & perf. what's with old people & cleanliness? lol.

hannah is a cute butterfly. the end.

Cannwin said...

This is what I get for losing track of your blog! What the freakin' hail! a baby!!!! How did I miss that one. I'm totally adding you to my following but I thought I had already *sigh* I'm so behind.

Cannwin said...

Tag you're it!