The result is 3 bad colds, 4 ear infections, and a bad case of cabin fever.
Welcome to Chicago Allen Family!!
Trying to keep a toddler happy in a snowed-in apartment is near impossible. We've had a few moments when we thought we might snap mentally. But then then the cloud lifts and you remember what it's like to love your kid again.

Hannah loves headbands. She puts them over her eyes and calls them "glasses."

We call her Hannah La Forge when she does this. (Star Trek Reference.)

Stickers are everywhere. But it kept her entertained for a bit, so I'm fine with it.


I ordered a super-cool stroller that will allow me to take Hannah places in this cold climate. It comes hopefully this week. I'm so excited. I feel like a kid getting a puppy. I've already named it.
8 comments:
Bless your cold frozen heart.
I hear you...it's been so cold and snowy lately (below zero!.We have a good sledding hill, come on over! ;)
Ok, I gotts know why in the world you guys moved to Chicago?!?
Jared is going to the Institute of Design for his Master's degree.
Hey Ethan has those same rocket jammies. Too bad you are stuck in the snow but yea for getting a new fun stroller. Hope the snow lets up for you.
Yes, you'll be able to make a luminaria now, no prob!;) I wish I was closer so I could help you unpack and entertain Hannah so so could get a break! Ear infections are no fun, I totally know. Hugs to you guys!
that is so hard!
looks like hannah's having a hayday! and i had a kid that wore headbands as "glasses" too! how funny!
If you were looking for a night and day change from the warm desert heat you found it!
Post a Comment