They always want to be with me, play with me, and help me.
The fact that I'm rarely alone and usually have another human within 6 inches of me is often a source of frustration.


It takes all of my patience to allow them to help. I cringe when I hear that chair being dragged into the kitchen. And I get stressed knowing that it's going to take me twice as long to make breakfast/lunch/dinner.
And even though fights breakout, ingredients spill, yelling occurs, and tantrums followed by time-outs happen...

I'm going to miss my little shadows getting all up in my business and making simple tasks super hard.
They want to be with me and I'll miss the day when they no longer want to help me stir.
4 comments:
You are a good mom.
I hear you about that:)
It's easy to forget how fleeting that kid-clingyness is. I say the words "don't you dare" a hundred times while trying to cook dinner and suffer through incredibly short showers only to have a new bathroom mess to clean up when I get out.
Just when I'm wondering when was the last time I got to blow-dry or put on lotion ALL over my body...
These posts are good for me. Thanks for sharing.
Your little shadows are very cute. My mom still talks about loving going to the bathroom when I was little because my wheelie thing that I scooted myself everywhere in wouldn't fit through the bathroom door and she'd have five minutes to herself.
I wish I had some shadows... I have this fantasy where I get to be the mom with the screaming children in sacrament meeting.
I'm glad you enjoy your shadows- too often I see parents who don't appreciate their children and I want to say to them "Don't you know what a special person you have in your life? I'll glady take them for you."
Post a Comment