Myself, a grown man, and 2 kids live in a 1 and a 1/2 bedroom apartment.
It's tight. Especially in winter. But we make it work.
We should move. It's getting cramped. The kids are growing big. And the rooms are looking smaller. But...
I don't want to move.
I love this tiny hole of a living space.
Why?
Grocery Store
Walgreens (24 hour. Awesome)
Ace Hardware
Office Depot
Post Office
etc...
These are all mere steps from my back door.
I could skip a few times and be in line at Potbelly's ordering my homemade ice cream sandwich in 20 seconds. No lie.
Convenience is an addiction. ADDICTION I tell you.
So are those ice cream sandwiches.
There are other things I love...
The people in our building.
Louise's garden.
Friends live close. (Don't move Jess)
Close to train/bus/beach.
Feel pretty safe.
So with mirrors, bunk beds, and a little rearranging, I'm going to make this less than 800 sq ft. apartment feel like an 801 square ft. apartment.


3 comments:
I recommend the IKEA bunk bed that has the bottom mattress right on the floor and the top one only 3 1/2 feet up. I LOVE ours.
My family of 4 has always lived in small spaces- our trailer was 800 sq feet and our house now is only 900 sq feet. I can stand in the middle and look out every window, lol. We've always had to share one bathroom! I'm pretty sure that the East Hampton apt was bigger than our mobile, lol. I don't mind small spaces, I actually feel odd in large homes.
We always crack up at magazine articles that showcase some person living in a "small" house that's like 1200+ sq ft...and they live by themselves! Of course they can keep an organized house! Hello!!
It's funny when we can't find someone in our tiny house! But then, we knew a family we had a really big house and the one kid grew up having the attic to himself and wound up being emotionally separted from the family and making a lot of bad decisions in life and stuff. After seeing that, my mom was ok with us being in a tiny house- you knew where everyone was and what everyone was up to.
When I was tracting in CT I saw a cross stitch hanging on a porch that said "Dear House, you are really quite small, just big enough for love, that's all". I loved it and made one for a friend, I need to make a cross stitch one for me.
Smaller homes are "greener" too! I enjoy seeing the small house revolution that's taking place.
I, also, love your little home. The bunk beds are awesome. The cartoons are even more awesome. You just plain rock. That is all.
Post a Comment