Every morning Hannah puts on a dress.
She only wears dresses.
She has many shirts, shorts, and pants.
But she has three dresses that she rotates through. She owns more than that. But she refuses to wear anything but those three.
Every morning she gets out the chair and sets up the brush, bows, and clips. Then she commands me to do her hair. It's a morning ritual.
She tells me what to do with her hair. And I do it.
The limit on how many pony tail braids she can have is 5. But she keeps trying for more.
We live around many girls who usually have their hair in cornrow braids.
Hannah loves them. I refuse.
It takes those moms 2 hours to do it while their kid is sleeping. Two minutes is my preferred allotment.
I have to admit, I'm having fun doing her hair. I didn't think I would.
Hannah comes up with some fun ideas.
Changing the subject...
Yesterday, we all went to the dentist.
I straight up lied to the dentist about how long it had been since my last checkup.
He was shocked at the made up number I gave him. He may have yelled insults if I'd said the truth.
I have a fear of doctors being disappointed with my life choices.
But I'm proud to say that our teeth are all fine without the recommended semiannual cleaning.
But we are recommitted to going every 6 months now.
He was convincing in a scary, yet informative way.
It's hard to tell in the picture, but Hannah was so excited to go to the dentist. She couldn't wait. She looks in pain in the picture.
Hannah is pretty fun to be around. Everything is exciting. Everything is a party.
She invents parties everyday in her room. We are usually invited.
She is still into bugs.
We read bug books at night.
We catch bugs during the day.
We talk about bugs.
Draw about bugs.
Watch movies about bugs.
Bugs, bugs, bugs.
She often has her purse on one arm and her bug jar on the other.
The other two dresses...

Jared and I think she's a rather pretty girl.
We love her.
Most of the time.





3 comments:
I love it! We have many parties here too.
I love Hannah's garden head. It makes me happy.
I've never yet taken Violet to the dentist. Oops.
Also, I would cry for joy if Violet ever asked me to do her hair. It is a daily battle with tears and tantrums and screaming to get her to let me.
Post a Comment