Thursday, September 6, 2012

Frickin Freakin Awesome.

School started this week for the kids.

And a friend recently sent me a text asking...

"How is the mom of two kids in school going?"

I replied:

"Frickin freakin awesome."

It's true.

I made it.

I'm here.

I've got two kids in school and zero at home for a portion of the day.

Sure, Asher is only in school for 2.5 hours. And most days I'm working during those 2.5 hours.

But sometimes I'm not.

And then I'm at home. And it's quiet.

And I wonder if I've lost my hearing, but then I vaguely remember what silence sounds like. And I relax about my hearing and proceed to sit on the couch and stare into space.

It's feels so good. So good. So good. So so so good.

Okay, enough about me and my new found love of sitting in silence.

Here are my gorgeous babies on their first day of school.

First day outfit.

I took Hannah clothes shopping for school. I told her she could have full control over picking out her clothes. It was hard to keep my mouth shut when she chose Halloween themed clothing. But I did. And she bought them.

First day outfit. 
This was not his first choice outfit. The first one got dirty before we left. We changed him. He got the second one dirty. And I ignored it.




Asher has many many friends in his class. 

Asher's preschool class consists of mostly boys. Good luck Ms. Graham.

Waiting patiently for school to start. She is so beautiful to me.

Asher's teacher is the greatest teacher on earth. I love her. I adore her. I'm so grateful for her and that my kid has such an awesome teacher. Hooray for terrific teachers.

P.S. The teacher's union here in Chicago is about to go on strike. So the kids will most likely be out of school till it's resolved. Crazy. My client today said the last teachers strike was 25 years ago and lasted a few weeks. 

Summer vacation part 2. 

J/K I fully intend on working with them during the strike.

3 comments:

E B said...

Ugh, I'm continually glad I don't live in Chicago anymore when it comes to schools. You're right, Hannah is gorgeous. And good luck to Ms. Graham is right! Maybe because I remember those boys as toddlers, but I'm guessing she's got her work cut out for her.

Marie said...

Teachers still go on strike? Lisa, I'm sorry if that happens:)

Elizabeth said...

Love that photo of Hannah at the end, looks like from another time. She's a lovely girl. Love the Hween picks!