We haven't had any trips to the ER in 2 years. It's been nice. And I don't believe I'm jinxing myself by saying that.
And then Saturday morning this happened...
A rough game of dodge ball that ended with 5 staples.
I didn't used to believe in weird cosmic jinxing like this. But now I'm wondering...
Sorry Jared. My fault.
Now on to the rest of my post...
Did you know that I love lobster?
It's on my bucket list to pick out a live lobster, cook it, and then eat it. But I just saw a video where they put the live lobsters into boiling water. I almost started crying. It's so mean, so very mean.
And I'm totally going to do it.
When Asher rides his bike, almost every person he passes has to seriously get out of his way. Sometimes they have to jump into bushes (it was a guy in a suit). I spend the whole trek apologizing to people.
I have a new found love for olives.
In the summer I sometimes go for a run. I always listen to really awesome music when I go. Someday I hope my self esteem will be high enough so I will stop and just start dancing right there on the path like I secretly want to when that perfect song comes on.
I think I once mustered up the guts to do a fist bump to the sky during a great song while running.
Hannah is artistic.
Asher is musical.
Hannah is an extrovert.
Asher is an introvert.
I went out to eat today with a client. I've been teaching her about healthy eating and making good choices. She ordered a salad. I order fried chicken stripes and french fries.
I love walking my kids to and from school.
Making Hannah's lunch everyday for school officially makes me feel like a mother. It's something my mom used to do for me.
When Jared talks about buying a house someday it makes me panic. I some how have associated owning a house with feeling trapped.
I'm trying to train myself to sleep on my back with my shoulders back and a pillow under my knees. Jared says I look dead.
For 4 weeks I was driving a car instead of a bike in January. My quad muscles visibly depleted drastically. Not having a car has it's health benefits.
We are going to AZ tomorrow to visit family. We are all pretty excited.
But Hannah is about to explode all over the place with joy.
Until next time...
![]() |
| Waiting for school to start. |
![]() |
| Raising my girl brings back so many wonderful memoreis about childhood I had forgotten all about. Being a kid is special. Twirling is never as awesome as it is then. |
![]() |
| My bike and the loving words I tell myself when I have to ride in crappy weather. |
![]() |
| Cardboard boxes are a favorite. |
![]() |
| I told him to get ready. He was going to walk out the door like this. |
![]() |
| Birthday treat beard. |
![]() |
| She wanted me to take her picture. She posed herself. She is a princess mummy. |
![]() |
| People should always gather once a year to celebrate your continued survival. |
![]() |
| I'm currently in the middle of a quest to find the best calamari in Chicago. I'll let you know how it goes. |
![]() |
| She was allowed to pick whatever one thing she wanted. The indecision almost make her brain explode. |
![]() |
| Father-son remote control car war. |
![]() |
| Saturday morning is the only morning I don't have to go somewhere very soon after waking up. Snuggling in bed with my kids is precious to me. I LOVE Saturdays. |
![]() |
| Yup. That's my life. |
![]() |
| When I see a field of fresh snow... I can't help it. I like being the first to mess it up. |
![]() |
| I took last Friday and Saturday off. I did very little beside watch T.V. Asher joined me for most of it. |
![]() |
| Oh man. I looooove sausage waffles. |
![]() |
| My TV pal. |
![]() |
| The first thing I made in ceramics that I actually like. P.S. It's not supposed to be round. Or at least that's what I tell myself. |





















4 comments:
As usual I want to comment on basically everything that you posted. Instead I will just say that I love the way your brain works and that you don't hide it! Also the staples...no fun! Not sure how I feel about jinxes...Enjoy AZ!
That's a beautiful plate! Are you taking ceramics with Barbie at the Hyde Park Art Center? I miss our photography class we did together :).
Love the twirling pic of Hannah. I like your ceramic piece! Very nice!
Lisa, I miss your posts. Where did you go? :-)
Post a Comment