Wednesday, May 7, 2008

It's Fun To Eat My Backyard.

We've been grilling quite a bit lately.













Most of my marinades have called for lemon juice.

I can't quite put into words how much fun it is for me to walk into our backyard and pull a lemon off our tree to use for cooking. This got me fired up to plant a garden.

So I did.

I planted some regular stuff like strawberries, squash, and tomatoes.

I also planted some fun things like chocolate mint, lemon thyme, and jalapeƱos. I don't know what I'm going make with chocolate mint, but if it tastes anything like it smells... yum.










This is kind of a science project for me. If it goes well, then next year I want to try growing everything from seeds.

It's been 2 days and they're still alive. Wahoo!

5 comments:

Stacy said...

Way to go on the garden! It is so fun having fresh food to eat! Love it! Wow! Hanna is a getting so big! I guess she likes to grill too eh?
And PS yes the haircut is new and thanks!

Tanya Leigh said...

hehe! Good luck on the next 2 days, weeks, & months! I am all for self-sufficiency ('specially after reading all these "Little House" books!)

Grilling is also a GREAT way to cut down on power usage & HOUSE HEATING :P! Way to go, Lisa!

Patterson Family said...

They should do well as long as Carli's not responsible for watering them.

Dane

Kristy said...

Nice job on the garden! It is certainly more than I have tried. I hope that it grows well for you!

I was also wondering if you could email me your address at kmstradling@yahoo.com

Thanks, Kristy

Dusty said...

Chocolate Mint is AWESOME when you add it to hot chocolate!