I like to try new recipes. It's an addiction really.
I see a picture of a dish, something snaps in my brain, and I just gotta make it. At times I can't get it out of my head until I do.
It started with this picture 5 years ago. I saw it in a library, snapped, and copied the recipe. I thought about it for years until I made it once I had the right tools. Chocolate Sinkholes are now a favorite of ours.

(It's as good as it looks)
Then, I saw this salad and didn't sleep well until I went back to the store and got the recipe. Psycho? Maybe.

This week I saw a picture of spring rolls wrapped with rice paper. I just had to try it. I went all the way to China Town to get the paper! Jared liked them, but I was fighting the gag reflex every time I took a bite. NOT a fan of how the paper feels in my mouth. The leftovers are still sitting in the fridge.

(Don't they look good?)
Sometimes my ridiculous obsessions don't always work out.
Jared, thanks for not thinking I'm crazy... or at least saying it out loud. It's better than my plant phase right?
4 comments:
Your kids are adorable! "You see. Therefore you eat"? It would show on the bodies of most people with that attitude! Congratulations on curbing your appetite to only the healthy stuff & maintaining a good figure!
you are funny! you better pass on the good recipes. Isaac and I were talking about my fun friends after I talked to you yesterday and you were pretty high up on the list!
I'm proud of you for actually trying the new recipes...I have all these recipes I've torn from magazines and have done very few. Although I did make a chicken/veggie/bisquick caserole thing that turned out good. You'll have to post more of your fave recipes. Being a foodie is popular now, so you're not too weird!
Oh, I try new recipes all the time. Mostly I see something on the Food Network or get my daily recipe from BHG and want to try it out. Luckily my family isn't picky eaters so I can try stuff out on them. The chocolate sinkholes do look very yummy.
Post a Comment