But, what's not okay is my body and mind are going down hill.
Bland skin.
Low energy.
Weird spots.
Bad posture.
Bad attitude.
Lowered IQ.
Etc...
So I'm doing something about it. I want to live long, be happy, and look decent at 80.
I have never ever faithfully exercised or ate right. Never.
People assume because I'm thin, I'm healthy. No no no.
By eating whatever I want and never exercising my mental and physical health are quite poor. I assure you.
But the day has come.
Improving our diet has been stressful for me. Jared wants to lose weight and most of my awesome recipes have to get cut from the list. Bummer.
But I feel proud of myself after eating a healthy meal. More energy.
It's been a slow start, but I can see what exercise does for my mental stability. The temper has calmed.
Change is hard. Frustrating. Stressful. I'm taking it slow so I won't give up and quit.
Baby steps I'm taking:
At least 32 oz of water a day. Should be more than 64 oz. Working up to it.
Adapt current recipes to be healthier. Reduces stress of finding all new recipes.
Big dessert only once a week on the weekend. So hard.
Fruits and vegetables at every meal.
Follow healthier food blogs.
Big steps I'm taking:
Started training to run an 8K on Thanksgiving Day. Totally motivated me to exercise. Thanks Jess for pulling me in. And thanks to Marie, Camie, and LuAnn for setting the example of running.
8K may not be a huge distance (almost 5 miles), but it's a big challenge to me.
Even though I'm making all these giant changes in my life...
I still have 5 oreos everyday. At lunch.

And nothing will change that.
I might cut back to 3. We'll see.
10 comments:
Good for you! Baby steps is the key for sure! Take it from someone who knows! Good luck. You'll do awesome!
just opened up my google reader & there were {was?} two posts:
yours & my sister's:
http://bartlebulletin.blogspot.com/2010/09/busted.html
both about oreos. hahaha made me laugh.
ps: way to inspire me with your health-nutism! i recommitted to my healthy ways last night during the biggest loser... it's hard, but you're right: worth it for the energy....:)
Me too! We should have a party. I have lots of good tips about making recipes healthier too if you're interested.
We're trying to do the same. Diet is supposed to really help Scott's reflux and kidney stones so that means I have to be a good wife!
Yeah don't overwhelm yourself too much, but yay for you making better choices! I need to work on that, too.
You are killing me. Oreos sound delicious right now. I would prefer the homemade kind, but I am doing a challenge with no sugar, except once a week. Hmmm...might have to make oreos on that day!
Good for you! I should have set some goals like that when I turned 30 in June. I was exercising regularly (for the first time in my life) in Arizona with water aerobics, but then I moved.... so now I have to start over.
Good luck!
I usually run during my lunch break. One of my coworkers asked me if I really like running. I said "No, I hate it." I honestly do. I only do it because its good for me.I want to be faster than my 13 yr old scouts. I also want to be able to see my grandkids. Good luck on your 8K. We are rooting for you.
Dear Lisa,
I am excited for you and your 8K. Way to go! (And I'm totally jealous. I had to retire the running shoes about a month ago.)
And I think all of your baby steps are most excellent, and a good reminder to all of us!
I'm not a WeightWatcher person, but I really like the site http://www.skinnytaste.com. She has some good and easy stuff on there (and some stuff I deem too fancy for me to make, but it still looks good:)
Go Lisa, Go!
And, no, I do not make Alan run. I'm totally surprised he does it.
I actually haven't said my new age out loud yet. I'm avoiding that part for as long as I have to. :)
Post a Comment