Thursday, October 21, 2010

What's Lisa Doing?

Lisa is 29.92 years old.


(My friend Jessica took this picture. Thanks Jess.)

My main job right now is to keep my kids alive and have some fun doing it.

I'm really enjoying planning lessons for Hannah's preschool. It's rekindling my love for teaching which I thought I'd lost. So I'm having fun with that. It's nice to know that maybe my degree in teaching wasn't for nothing.

I also spend time with the youth from my church every week. I plan and keep the calendar for the Young Women. I love my calling in the church and really enjoy all the people in that program.

2 months ago I could not jog 2 blocks without having to stop and walk. Today, I did 3 miles without stopping. I think I'll be ready for the Turkey Trot on Thanksgiving. Fingers crossed.

I love to cook.
I try new recipes almost every week. I get bored fast with my usual recipes and try to keep things interesting. I follow almost as many food blogs as people's blogs.

I'm currently sewing a quilt for our bed made out of old T-shirts. I wanted something super soft. I think it's going to be cool. Hopefully.

I love pictures.
I sometimes photograph families in my neighborhood. I love to take pictures of people so much. My favorite part is editing them. I like figuring out how to make the photo look its best.

My favorite part of the day is if I get to watch a little T.V late with Jared.

And my favorite part of the week is if we go outside as a family to the park or something on the weekend.

The family would fall apart without me. I'm important.

8 comments:

Kira: said...

You are important! Good luck with the Turkey Trot- I'm so out of shape, I should follow your example.

When I was in college, I made a quilt out of my high school t-shirts (with flannel on the back). It is the warmest blanket I have- It's especially great for camping. I have all of Rich and my college shirts in a box- one of these days I'll make that one into a quilt too.

Love hearing what's up with you.

Marie said...

I love your picture. I'm really proud of you and your running. Not because I love running, but becasue you did something new and out of your comfort zone. So inspiring. GO LISA! Good luck this Thanksgiving!

Your family is so lucky to have you. (Extended family too:)

Kasey said...

Cute post! I love that you said your job is to keep your kids alive!

Elizabeth said...

Love that pic of you. Can't wait to see your quilt! And yay for exercising! You go girl! I miss you!

Erin said...

Lisa, You are pretty. I can't wait to hang out with you, if the stars ever aline :)

camicoff said...

You are so inspiring! I am planning a t-shirt quilt too...let me know what works best for you. I sure miss seeing you around. Your kiddos are growing so fast (and are so adorable)!

Mel and Nate said...

I love this post! You are so awesome that you have so many hobbies on the side while being an awesome mom! Seriously, if I had to do a post on me it would say take care of the kids, clean, and watch tv. Ha ha... You have ispired me once again! You are awesome!!!!

Monica said...

You guys are some of my favorite people ever. Just thought you should know. And I love this picture of you. That is all.

(Aren't you glad I'm finally reading some of your blog?)