Every morning I wanted to quit.
And sometimes I did.
Then the next day or week, I un-quit.
Then the next day or week, I un-quit.


(After. Alexandra did so good! I didn't even see her. She was way ahead. )
Running alone during training is enjoyable and doable.
Running in a race where everyone is passing you up is very demoralizing and throws your sense of ability off.
Running alone during training is enjoyable and doable.
Running in a race where everyone is passing you up is very demoralizing and throws your sense of ability off.
I didn't think I was going to make it after a mile or two. But I didn't stop.
At one point I felt like throwing up. Glad I didn't.
When I ran down the home stretch to the finish line it was an amazing feeling.
It was the pure feeling of accomplishment.
Stats for Turkey Trot 2010 Chicago 8k-
Time: 48 min. 38 sec. (I beat my personal record by 8 minutes. Awesome.)
Place: #2269 (Out of 5679 people)
Place: #959 (out of 3272 women)
Place: #179 (out of 654 30-34 yr old women)
Thanks to Jared for encouragement.
Thanks to Alexandra for running with me. I would not have done it alone.
And thanks to all the bands who wrote the songs with just the right beat. I am incapable of running without music. Really. I tried it once. It was a horrible experience and I almost fell asleep due to boredom after 2 short blocks. I turned around and walked home.
10k anyone?
7 comments:
Way to go! I too don't have a huge love for running. But my first I signed up for a 10K and did it. And I didn't die. Right then I proved to myself that running didn't equal death.
You're awesome!
Wow, good for you!
Awesome job Lisa! I would LOVE to run a 10K with you! We should look for one coming up and do it! I will start running at the gym instead of just wandering around wasting time and enjoying that my kids are being watched by the daycare. Way to go!
Yeah!
You go girl! Very proud of you!
I'm glad you didn't barf, too. Way to go! That is is awesome.
ps- I'm so jealous. Run for me, because you can!
Post a Comment