Wednesday, September 14, 2011

I woke up to this.

I recently got to sleep in till 7 am.
(Go ahead and feel sorry for me. I remember when sleeping in meant 10 or 11. Not 7 am.)

After my awesome sleep in I woke up to this...



My three favorite people all crammed into a 1.5 foot radius playing "the robot game" as Hannah calls it.

My heart flowed with love in that moment. I was all filled up.

I think I like starting my mornings with love rather than the usual venom for being woken up at 5 am or earlier. (you may continue to feel sorrow for me)

Man, I love a good night sleep!

I had forgotten what they look like.

I recently told a first time pregnant woman to sleep as much as she could now, because she never will again.

I'm not the best person to talk to if you are pregnant for the first time, or thinking about it.

Steer clear of me.

Or at least until I get to sleep in till 6:30 am.

Then I'll have a better outlook on the matter.

But dang, I wouldn't trade all the sleep in the world for these two cuties.

I make cute babies.


I guess Jared helped too.


Anyways... the moral of this story is...

Sleep. Good.

No Sleep. Bad.

The End.


Question: How much sleep do you get?

5 comments:

E B said...

I'm woken not by children (usually), but by my husband each work day, before 6. But we go to bed early so it's not too big a deal. Unless my second wakes me in the night. Amen to sleep! If I don't get sleep I get hardly anything done and I feel like doing (or being) even less.

Kira: said...

I DO feel sorry for you!! My kids are (usually) good sleepers. Obviously Ainsley (at 2 months) still wakes up during the night, but only once.

But you do make very cute kids, so at least it's a happy trade :-)

PS- I have one friend whose kids are early risers. She finally got a cutesy alarm clock- the kids can wake up whenever they want, but they can't come out of their room until the alarm goes off. Before that, they have to play quietly in their rooms. Might be worth a try! :-)

Diana said...

Yes, you do have ADORABLE children! Not that I'm a biased auntie or anything...

Tanya Leigh said...

Well, gee, I'd get a whole heckuva lot more sleep if I'd get to BED at a humane hour! My kids are excellent sleepers, so I cannot complain.

You are adorable. I turn venomous for other reasons, which I am trying to work on. ;)

OH! We're traveling to Nauvoo next week! Email me your # and perhaps we can meet up in Chicago! ... or maybe you want to join us?? :)

Elizabeth said...

I have to get up early (5:45) to get to my placements for student teaching at 7:20 am..."sleeping in" has been redefined for me as well! If I sleep in til 8 on the weekend, it's glorious!