Wednesday, February 20, 2008

The Finished Quest

Many of you may think that a quest to recreate a recipe of mac and cheese is weird and lame. But we all have our strange ambitions.

Anyways... I did it. Sort of. I made the mac and cheese using the secret ingredients we discovered last week (Read my post "My Quest in Life - Part 1"). It turned out very yummy. I will admit it wasn't exactly like Joe's. But between Jared and myself we've figured out two small adjustments to make it just right. It's not everyday you get to check a quest off your to-do list. Ya!

Someday I'll tell you more of my weird ambitions. There are many.

4 comments:

Brittney Burton said...

Hi again, I love their mac and cheese so you will have to give me the recipe you used. We should get together next weekend. I don't have your number so let me know when would be good for you guys

Marie said...

hey Lisa,
I know a retired Joe's BBQ employee...so if you still have any questions, she's willing to talk.
She said she tried to memorize the recipes, but they were like extreme bulk, so quantities are different, but she could tell you most of the stuff in it. Cheez-its & Velveeta are true (the lady wasn't trying to pull one over on us...)
I'm very happy for you and your great achievement!

Marleen said...

I believe this ambition is shared by many. The famous Zupa Toscana recipe from Olive Garden has been circulating around our ward for months. I usually like to recreate yummy frostings or cakes/cupcakes that I like. I haven't lost that sweet tooth yet.

Kasey said...

That's amazing that so many of you actually tried a mac n cheese dish. The thought has never crossed my mind to order mac n chsse as a side when at a resaurant. Now I need to try it. Guess I'll make the treck from Queen Creek, one day. Or maybe I'll just try your version. Hmmm.