Thursday, October 8, 2009

Every Mom Has A Story... Now I Have Mine.

Jared is designing an exhibit for the Chicago Children's Museum. His team wanted to try some ideas out on Hannah. So I took her downtown to his school.

We rode the bus.



On the bus, she was quiet. She's never quiet on the bus. I didn't want to jinx it so I said nothing. But that little voice inside me said something is wrong, get ready.

I asked Hannah if she was going to barf. One second later a fountain of vomit spewed all over her, me, and the bus. Did I mention there were 20 people around us? Ya... all 20 got off at the next stop except the lady I begged for help. I was holding barf in my cupped hands, Hannah was crying, and the bus driver was giving me the stink eye.

Not my finest moment in life.

Well... we went to Jared's school smelling quite bad, but Hannah did a wonderful job giving them feed back on their toys.

You would think the story ends here. It doesn't.

I was not going to ride the bus home, so we took the the train. I was so busy keeping Hannah happy on the train that I missed our stop. We were whisked over 50 streets farther south (gotta love those express trains). It took us an hour to get back to our stop.

Oh, and Hannah was screaming for candy the whole time.

After days like that, you kiss your kids goodnight, sit on the couch, and eat some chocolate.

My friend's bus story.

11 comments:

Diana said...

I hope you ate an ice cream sandwich from Pot Belly's too! That story definitely deserves a BIG WAAHH! What a trooper!

Lisa said...

It's so funny you should say that.

I did get my ice cream sandwich from Potbelly's.

I totally earned it.

Elizabeth said...

Oh, poor thing, both of you! What an experience. Ugh. Anyhow, you'll have to post some pics of Jared's exibit, I'd love to see those.

Kyla said...

Oh dear... That is a mommy story. We all have those, but it's still embarrassing and heartbreaking!! Thank heavens for Diet Coke and Chocolate :)

Elise said...

Sadness! Was it just motion sickness or was she ill? No fun!

Ash and Joe said...

wow. now i can't wait to be a mom! but seriously, how is one to deal with stuff like that! i am doomed.

Cannwin said...

I love my car.

I love my car, I love my car, I love my car.

I have been blessed, I have never had to deal with public vomit.

Yes, definitely a binge eating day. If someday we get around to seeing each other's flesh and blood selves again and you say "Why are you obese!?" I will say, "Children drive their mother's to binge eating." and you will nod and we'll join curves together.

Marie said...

Oh man. I love you.

Sometimes it totally whomps being the mom.(yes, that is a made-up word from the cartoon recess.)

Tanya Leigh said...

:) Way to go, Trooper! Ah, that little voice in the back of our heads... why is it always right!? ;)

and, how incredibly awesome is it that Jared gets to design an exhibit at a children's museum!!? Wow, talk about fun!

Becky said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Becky said...

Hi Lisa - Tanya Jonston sent me to your blog since we just moved to Chicago. Our husbands are sort of in school together.

What a great story! Ah, the joys of parenting. Right?

I hope you don't mind if I follow your blog a little - when time permits. Feel free to check us out too. :)

Becky