
Rolling your tongue is a dominate gene in your DNA.
More women than men can roll their tongue.
Rolling your R's is not genetic, but harder for native english-speakers to do.
It's very rare to have the ability to:
Lick your own elbow.
Sneeze with your eyes open.
Touch your tongue to your nose or chin.
10 - 15 percent of normal children are double jointed in some way. It runs in families.
Only 7% of people can wiggle their ears like Dopey.
You can learn to lift only one eyebrow. It's hard for most people.
You can learn to twitch your nose.
Blue eyes are becoming rare among Americans.
It's said that all blue-eyed people come from one ancestor.
Brown eyes are dominate among humans.
Black hair is the most common hair color.
Red is the least common hair color in the world.
Now be honest. Did you try to lick your elbow?
12 comments:
No, but I can roll my tongue and I do have blue eyes. So does one of my offspring. I am women, hear me roar!
Ha! No,I Didn't try. But I do feel smarter/more informed after reading this post.
When I was younger, I could lift my R eyebrow by itself. I decided one day that I wanted to be able to lift both eyebrows of their own accord, so I practiced lifting my L brow, and now can do either one. Looking back, what a funny thing to practice.
Did you look all this up for this post? I also practiced a very long time to raise one eyebrow. Signs of a misspent youth :). I wasted a lot of time learning to whistle too.
I CAN lick my elbow! Or at least, I used to be able to. I haven't tried in a while. Maybe I'll try again later.
I can raise one eyebrow and wiggle my ears and roll my tongue- ALL AT THE SAME TIME
I can't do any of that stuff. I guess I'm super normal and the rest of you are freaks.
Can't roll my tongue, but have always wanted to! I have to say I am doing pretty good at keeping the red hair, blue eye traits alive!! Have you seen Tyler's hair...it can't get any redder than that!
Wow, Ethan must be pretty special then (I already knew he was) because he has red hair and blue eyes. I asked Ethan if he could roll his tongue and he is sitting here trying saying, "I don't know how to do that" so I guess there is something he didn't inherit from me.
I did not try to lick my elbow, but I can roll my tongue. I'm also red haired and blue eyed, so I guess I'm a dying breed.... except that my child is exactly like me in all those ways.
I'm also a lefty- does that make me even more recessive?
yes - i totally tried to lick my elbow - two attempts from two different angles. i can't. but i can roll my tongue and raise one eyebrow.
I totally tried to lick my elbow and I was unsuccessful. I felt/looked so silly and I felt even more silly when I got to the end of your post. To all those people out there who can lick their elbow, I am amazed.
I can lick my elbow, touch my tongue to my nose, roll my tongue, and double roll my tongue (like a clover). I can also raise one eyebrow. Hehe.
Post a Comment