Everyone knows about that.
No one told me that it could be 50 pounds I'd gain.
No one told me that my feet would grow a whole shoe size.
No one told me my rib and hip bones would move around and it would hurt so bad that you can't sleep for the last 4 months of pregnancy.
No one told me that when your milk comes in it's a horrible experience.
No one told me that when your milk comes in it's a horrible experience.
No one told me how sleep deprivation completely alters your personality.
No one told me that nursing could be painful and stressful.
No one told me that your uterus contracts for a few weeks after you give birth. And it's just as painful as giving birth.
No one told me that a percentage of my hair would fall out 4 months after having the kid. And that it wouldn't all grow back.
And no one told me that maybe only 1 of my feet would go back to it's original size. (yes, I have 1 giant foot)
No one told me that your uterus contracts for a few weeks after you give birth. And it's just as painful as giving birth.
No one told me that a percentage of my hair would fall out 4 months after having the kid. And that it wouldn't all grow back.
And no one told me that maybe only 1 of my feet would go back to it's original size. (yes, I have 1 giant foot)
And no one told me that my hair would change color and go limp.
No one told me that you sacrifice your body to have children.

And no one had to tell me how it's all worth it.
I just knew that.
P.S. I left out alot of gross stuff they don't tell you about after you have a baby.
A heads up would have been nice.
7 comments:
oh my hair is still falling out! it's a good thing kids are so cute :)
Is your hair still gone, or is your hair just limp? My hair goes limp too, and last time I got it cut, they thinned it a little so it would be lighter and have more body. It totally helped.
Your kids are lucky to have you!
Yeah, I wish I had some warning about the nursing problems too. But I did hear from MANY women about sacrificing bodies for motherhood. Doesn't that sound noble of us?
I think I am finally excepting the fact that my body will NEVER look anything close to how it looked before kids! But like you said...they're worth it!
Amen, sistuh!
A-men.
*except my straight hair got freakishly wavy (in places) oh, joy. ;)
Now, if I could just convince my husband that my body will never be the same...and that is is worth it!
Seriously. There are a lot of weird, i repeat weird things that happen that don't nobody warn you about when you are pregnant. The hair thing shocked me. And nursing. And other less appropriate things. Love it!
Also, loved your blog about diet changes. You are so funny. I'm always happier after I read your blog, friend.
Post a Comment