Thursday, October 21, 2010

What's Hannah Doing?

Hannah is 3 1/2 years old.

She loves to dress up as princesses, make magical potions, and have tea parties. She lives in imagination.

She wears all kinds of crazy stuff and weird outfits. Many are not allowed to be seen by anyone but us (hint hint, my underwear). She loves to get into all my clothes and wear them.

She recently cut her own hair. She chopped much of her bangs down to 1/2 of an inch or less. As punishment, I'm not fixing it, but will hide it for photos with a comb over and a bow.



She loves preschool. She has class with two of her friends. And us moms take turns teaching lessons. It's fun for everyone. She is pretty good at tracing her letters, asking questions, and participating in conversations.

She always wants to help me cook. She is getting better at cracking eggs. She mostly stirs and adds ingredients.

She has chores. And when she's in a good mood she does them and is very helpful.


She still naps because I force her to. We both need a break.


She loves to go outside. We go out once or twice a day because my kids can't get enough of the outdoors. (I'm scared for winter)

She runs around and makes cakes out of sand or dirt for me. I pretend to smell them. She makes friends easily with kids at the park. Lately she has been kinda kissy with her friends that are boys. I'm not worried yet, but it's on my mind.


She has a purple princess backpack that is attached to her body for most of the day. It comes off for bath time and bed time. In her back pack you can find blocks, a fake spider, a USB drive, my eyebrow brush, random bracelets, a spoon, and rocks.

These are her treasures. Don't touch it, she'll scream and rip it out of your hands. We are working heavily on sharing it.

She has a new bug jar. And we put bugs in it everyday. And after they die, she sticks their dead bodies in our key holes. Sigh.

She loves to put on make up with me. When I'm in a good mood I let her. That's why her eye looks weird in this picture. I didn't get it all off.


She says all kids of funny things. She recently called Jared a "Man Princess". She refers to Asher as her sister. And recently she said, "It smells like a special day." And she calls us Lisa and Jared. We're okay with it.

She often tells me she loves me and gives hugs freely.

And she apologizes hours later for something I'd already forgotten about.

We love our girl and the family wouldn't be right without her. She's a fiery dragon who likes to snuggle.

5 comments:

Liesl Shurtliff said...

Love that girl.

I can't really say you set a good example for her as far as scissors go, so can you really blame the bangs? I did that when I was little too. It couldn't be hidden.

Kira: said...

She's adorable... except dead bugs in locks? I can just imagine how you feel about that!

We are doing the exact same thing with preschool- great for them, and great for the parents!

Ugh, winters in Chicago are like Summers in Arizona- you have to be really creative to figure out enough inside stuff to do. Good luck!

Marie said...

At least in AZ you can play outside in the wee hours of the summer morning, and then swim later...

Yes, I think i need nap time just a little bit more than my kids need it.

Elise said...

You forgot to mention how she calls you "Lisa" instead of "Mom." She's so modern ;).

Elizabeth said...

What a fun look into Hannah's world. So cute. What a precious little girl- and I love that she's got some tiger in her!